Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No sleep...no time...I know. I'll start a blog!

Well, now I've gone and put my foot in it. A blog. Hhhm. Kinda roomy in here. Let's see....ahem.....ECHO...ECHO...Echo...echo... Yep, better start filling this place with something meaningful. All this whitespace is sort of hard on the eyes. Still, at least I have an idea where I might like to take this. As luck would have it, I've been giving this some thought of late. No, no, really. And I think after much soul searching my best bet is to blog about what I find most engaging (and, yes, time consuming) in my day-to-day life. What does that mean? In a nutshell, parenting.

For those of you who don't know me (and to be honest I'm kinda big on the whole arms length thing except where family is concerned) I'm a dad. I know. "So what?" you say. But, from what people tell me I'm not half-bad at it. Moreover, I'm a different kind of dad. No, I'm not a stay-at-home. Lord knows there are enough of those these days and I seriously envy them. No, I'm kind of a hybrid. I'm both a part-time and a full-time dad (in many respects, anyway) and, so far, I seem to be doing relatively okay at both ends of it. Will it stay that way? No idea. I'll let you know when I finally get to stop being a dad. I do hope so though. In the meantime, I figure I'll lay down my insight, my findings and my experiences as best I can. Share what info I come across, out there in the webverse with others and, who knows, maybe it'll do someone some good. Or at the very least it might show others what NOT to do. At the very least, maybe I can entertain as I scamper hither and yon, trying to figure out what fatherhood means at the pointy end of this 100 year lark we call the 21st Century (okay, okay it's late. I always wax poetic when I'm tired.) So, in the interest of wrapping this up and getting a good night's sleep, without further ado, I give you "Dadly Off In All Directions". Thank you for that round of indifference.

No comments: